[kictanet] 3rd Global Knowledge Conference (GK3) Malaysia 11-13 December 2007

alice alice at apc.org
Mon Dec 3 09:50:57 EAT 2007

Dear all

The 3^rd Global Knowledge Conference brings together

"visionaries, innovators, practitioners and policy makers, all geared to
sharing knowledge and building partnerships on a platform created by and
for stakeholders from every sector - private companies, governments,
international institutions and civil society groups"
(http://www.gkpeventsonthefuture.org/gk3/)

The GK3 sessions will address the convergence of emerging people,
markets and technologies and will  provide a space for debate,
showcasing of innovative concrete solutions and knowledge sharing;
discussion on latest lessons, effective methods and approaches.

The theme «Emerging People, Emerging Markets, and Emerging Technologies»
relates well to  what Kenya is currently experiencing. We are considered
a pioneer in many ways from our private sector activity, MSP ICT policy
processes, liberalisation of the ICT sector, etc. Read article from
Balancing act titled “Africa’s competition laboratory Kenya is the one
to watch”  .

Some of us will attend and share some of these experiences...

-Kimathi Centre presenting during the Young social entrepreneur’s
sessions from Tuesday 11th
-Hello regulator session on Thursday 13th 14.00-15.30

Other Kenyans attending and presenting?

For the full GK3 programme see:
*http://www.gkpeventsonthefuture.org/GK3/dsp_page.cfm?pageid=492*

best