[kictanet] The Kenya Communications Amendment Bill

Brian Longwe brian at isisweb.nl
Thu Aug 23 09:30:48 EAT 2007

Kudos to the Ministry for the action taken regarding the
Communications Amendments Bill.

But I have a big bone to pick with the media, in one of the local
dailies:

"The withdrawn communication bill would have given the Government
unfettered powers against the media"......

On what planet does the writer of this article live? It seems that in
this recent anti-government tirade no one has really taken time to
read and digest the contents of the comms amendment bill.

Anyway I for one am very happy that both the Media and the Comms
Amendment Bills have been withdrawn - not because I had any issues
with either of the bills but more because the naysayers, witchhunters
and doomsday prophets will have to search high and low to find
something to whine about.

Mblayo