[kictanet] Should the ICT Bill pasing follow The Media Bill...

Alex Gakuru alex.gakuru at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 5 08:38:45 EAT 2007

On second thought, I recall the President said "Kama
mtu yeyote [serikali-ni] ana kukasirisha sema..hapana
ogopa! basi..." thus Bill Kagai,no-one should succumb
to online intimidations and if I am wrong they should
just say so. I am fully aware that some providers are
afraid of "license implications" if they speak out...

Now, given the secrecy, contradictions and last-minute
maneuvers in Kenya's law-making processes consumers
may be forced to pro-actively go to court to
challenged the ICT Bill on constitutional illegality,
certainly if the "storming clause" is not deleted.

Other transparent legislators committed to consumers
accessing affordable telecommunications even publish
their Bills online(e.g. PDF bill, Section 5
Excemptions (2) "during an emergency declared by the
President")
http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070803-community-broadband-act-would-overturn-bans-on-municipal-broadband.html