[kictanet] training on Information Security Management Systems

Rebecca Wanjiku rebeccawanjiku at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 2 17:05:11 EAT 2007

in case of interest

       Course: Information Security Management Systems-ISO 27001:2005 Lead Auditor Course

      Date: 27th-31st August 2007 (5-days 8am-5pm)

     Venue:Safaripark Hotel

    Certification: International Registrar of Certified Auditor (IRCA) Certificate

  Facilitator: Gerald Kelly ( From Ireland) ( He has  hands on expereience in auditing and implementing ISMS so its not  theory based)

    Cost: 69,500 + VAT

   TARGET GROUP

   Senior Managers
   IT Professionals
   IS Managers
   Systems Administrators
   Database Administrators
   IT Consultants
   Owner Managers
   Accountants
   Quality & Safety Managers
   Auditors

   AIMS OF THE COURSE

   Explain the purpose of Information Security Management Systems(ISMS)
   Explain  the process Involved in  establishing,Implementing,Operating,Monitoring,Reviewing,and Improving  the ISMS including their significance to auditors.
   Explain the purpose,content and Inter-relationship between ISO 27001:2005,ISO 17799:2005,and ISO/IEC 13335
   To gather evidence through observation,Interview and Sampling of documents and records.
   Conduct audit follow up to verify the effectiveness of corrective actions.
   To explain the legislative frame work relevant to ISMS including the inter-relationship with corporate governance.
   To conduct process based audits in accordance to ISO 27001:2005,ISO 19001:2002,EA7-03,and ISO 17021:2006
   Understand the responsibility and competencies of an Auditor
   Write objective and verifiable audit findings and summary report.

  BENEFITS OF THE COURSE

   Accelerate your professional skills and find out what is new in IS auditing and related fields
   Develop ability to improve audit performance
   Internationally Accredited Certificate

Kindly  review and we hope you are going to send participants from your  organization. We can also schedule a meeting so that we can discuss the  course further and I give you more material.

  --
  Joseph McDonald
  Ignite Consulting Limited

  EDEN SQUARE
  7th Floor, Chiromo Road, Westlands
  P. O. Box 15568 00100 GPO  Nairobi, Kenya

  Tel:   254-20-3673250-9
  Fax:  254-20-3673231
  Email: joseph.mcdonald at igniteconsulting.co.ke

  Professional &  Life Skills Coaching, Quality Management Systems, Health Safety, Food  Safety & Environment Management Systems, Lead Auditor Courses that  are Internationally Accredited by IRCA, Training on Conformity and  Compliance based on International Standards (ISO), Business Management,  Organizational Development, Capacity Building and Strategy Facilitation  and Development.

  IT Solutions:- eDocuments Management, Data  Management, Disaster Preparedness and Hosting and Management Services  for all your IT needs. Services delivered to you by Ignite  Technologies, an Ignite Consulting Division focusing on Systems  Integration.

Tel. 254 720 318 925

blog:http://beckyit.blogspot.com/