[kictanet] Ubuntu 'Feisty Fawn' released, hit by traffic

Alex Gakuru alex.gakuru at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 20 17:29:27 EAT 2007

Don't have any data though I can say  nearly all surfers at my cafe use Linux but they have no clue they were using the Linux ("For Human Beings") installed.  Firefox did a good thing to develop identical versions for Ubuntu Desktop and Windows.

Education told us here it's policy all public schools PCs must be dual boot, thus one would expect that they all should/shall have one *nix flavour or another which will mean big numbers.

I chose Ubuntu because of its user-friendliness. Perhaps others chip in?

Odhiambo WASHINGTON <wash at wananchi.com> wrote: Out of curiosity, is Linux widely used by Kenyans than other FOSS
OSes like the *BSD line?
Just curious.

        cheers
       - wash
Odhiambo Washington              . WANANCHI ONLINE LTD (Nairobi, KE)  |
wash () WANANCHI ! com   . 1ere Etage, Loita Hse, Loita St.,  |
GSM: (+254) 722 743 223   . # 10286, 00100 NAIROBI             |
GSM: (+254) 733 744 121   . (+254) 020 313 985 - 9             |