[kictanet] Tom Friedman

Alex Gakuru alex.gakuru at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 7 10:38:09 EAT 2007

Bravo Nick and my salute to Dr. Ndemo for a tireless outsourcing evangelism, http://www.billowsbpo.co.ke be counted among your growing convertees.

Local investors are simple and direct; they ask "how do I start an outsourcing outfit and how will I get the jobs?". It is easy to explain the former but it not so answering the latter.

While appreciating the formation of the government board, there remains a lot of local outsourcing investment potential begging for guidance.

Would it be possible for Nick to accommodate call centre nurturing program where other local investors can learn from your success helping Kenya get even flatter, hopefully the ministry could chip in under world bank tcip helping?

Considering that the minister frequently challenges industry for lagging behind government on outsourcing innovativeness, why not get ahead of the government on this one?

Lastly, local telcos with wanting customer care records can outsource these services emerging call centres so that their subscribers to can actually get through and get talking to a customer care staff. Combined, the two celcos have an approx subscriber:staff ratio of  5,000:1 (that is assuming every staff member was in customer care, each would have to answer 5,000 subscribers to serve). Just a thought.

Alex

bitange at jambo.co.ke wrote: Nick,
Without Kencall, we could not get the attention we are getting.  When we
come to write our version of the flat world, your names will be in all
chapters.  We have started the process.  We have just realized we could
need as much 1 gig.  The feasibility study that justifies TEAMs is looking
at 500 Mb.  Keep up the good work.

Regards

Ndemo.

dangerous content by Jambo MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.