[Kictanet] VoIP Termination in Kenya

cliff at acwsp.com cliff at acwsp.com
Thu Sep 21 19:58:21 EAT 2006

Hi all

I hope that you are all doing well. I wonder if anyone has some info
about VoIP termination in kenya that you might share with me. I would
like to know what is the level of VoIP industry in Kenya. I have done a
little home work and wonder how comes the VoIP termination providers are
able to terminate calls at far much less rates than what is being
charged by the infrastructure providers like telkom, celtel and
safaricom. i.e people are charging about sh 2.30 for nairobi fixed
line, sh 6.00 for mombasa (ROC) fixed line, about sh. 10 for celtel and
about sh 11.50 for safaricom per minute.
Does it mean that there is a special rate offered to companies doing
VoIP termination in kenya and what are the rates for these discount.

I would appreciate if you could share any information that you may have
about this issue.

Thanks and kind regards,

Ochieng
Africa Cable and Wireless Ltd