[Kictanet] [Fibre-for-africa] Whats i have being talking of as a public private partnership in ownership of the critical infrastructur

Bill Kagai billkagai at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 15:40:47 EAT 2006

Trading in one stock exchange does not complicate matters because
institutional/foreign investors can still buy shares through the NSE. One
good thing is that the NSE is the dominant exchange in EA with 51 listed
companies and 3 or so cross listed in Dar and Kampala.

Kampala has only 8 quoted companies and about a similar number in Dar which
will soon be trading under one exchange in a couple of years.

The other interesting challenge will be how the stock is embraced
considering that the only IT stock ever listed (African Lakes) collapsed
after a while, whilst the anticipated Wananchi IPO has not taken off yet.
Basically, we are yet to see how the market will react to IT related stocks.
See the following links on the pilot stock-detective.co.ke website we have
been developing.

http://www.stock-detective.co.ke

and also on a discussion posted regarding Telkom upcoming listing..

http://www.stock-detective.co.ke/public-discussion-forum/public-discussion-forum/post200609202612783179

With Kind Regards,
Bildad Kagai
MD - Circuits & Packets Communications Ltd
Content & Training Partner - JKUAT E-Government Academy
Suite B2, Tetu Apartments, State House Avenue
P. O. Box 20311 - 00200
Nairobi, Kenya
Tel. 254 20 2728332
Fax. 254 20 2726965