[Kictanet] Ethiopia on International Optical Fibre!!!!!

bitange at jambo.co.ke bitange at jambo.co.ke
Mon Nov 13 08:14:03 EAT 2006

Dear Brian,
We (Telkom) shall finish our Digital Microwave link to Ethiopia by
January.  Ethiopia is to link to Port Sudan Undersea Cable.  In simple
terms we shall have STM-1 link to Port Sudan very soon.  Ethiopia's
terrestrial network is 200 Km from Moyale.  We should be in Moyale and
most of District H/Qs on our terrestrial fibre links in 8 months (The
tender has already been advertized). Whether or not the TEAMs or EASSY
start, we shall be linked to the sea cables in 12 months.

Regards

Ndemo.