[Kictanet] [fwd] VISION 2030..our collective role

Odhiambo WASHINGTON wash at wananchi.com
Thu Nov 2 00:35:44 EAT 2006

Hello Everyone,

Please note - FWDed msg.

----- Original Message -----
[snip]

Dear Colleagues,

I wish to respond to the very apt challenge thrown to us by Edith. From
where i sit at the e-Government Directorate, it is of great interest to
us to explore ways in which we can leverage ICTs and e-Government to
deliver on the broad goals of the 2030 vision. As indicated by the Head
of state, the 2030 vision is NOT a Government project but trancends all
players across the political divides, sectors and socio-economic classes
including electoral calendars.

That's why the challenge by Edith is very timely. What can we as Kenyans
and core stakeholders bring to the table to ensure that existing
opportunities are leveraged effectively? My colleague Andrew Limo is in
the technical team that was working on the vision and i believe he will
also comment on this.

I would like to throw the challenge back to KICTANET to bring to bear
your very impressive arsenal of intellectual and lobbying might to open
this debate far and wide. Lets all remember that the vision is a broad
statement of intent and the way it all turns out will depend on how we
interpret this statement and break it down to manageable pieces. We should
not get discouraged but instead bring to light ways in which ICTs CAN
hasten the attainment of the vision. Edith mentioned that the countries
mentioned as success cases in national visioning leveraged ICTs..can we
get more concrete information publicized and brought to the attention of
decision makers? what specific learning examples can we immediately tap
into to start demonstrating success?

I believe together we can pull this off..for the good of all of us
Kenyans

Kind regards

Gakiria Andrew
Senior Policy Analyst & Information security Administrator
e-Government Directorate
Office of the President
Harambee House 10th Floor
Tel: +254 20 341582
Cell: +254 721 323118
Nairobi, KENYA

----- End forwarded message -----

        cheers
       - wash
Odhiambo Washington            		. WANANCHI ONLINE LTD (Nairobi, KE)  |
wash () WANANCHI ! com			. 1ere Etage, Loita Hse, Loita St.,  |
GSM: (+254) 722 743 223			. # 10286, 00100 NAIROBI             |
GSM: (+254) 733 744 121			. (+254) 020 313 985 - 9             |
						 --from a /. post