[Kictanet] Fwd: [Idlelo2] Re: RE: [afrinic-discuss] Africa 's Internet Community to gather in Nairobi in May

Bill Kagai billkagai at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 08:39:30 EAT 2006

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: dandjinou.pierre at undp.org <dandjinou.pierre at undp.org>
Date: Mar 7, 2006 1:09 AM
Subject: [Idlelo2] Re: RE: [afrinic-discuss] Africa 's Internet
Community to gather in Nairobi in May
To: AfriNIC Discuss <afrinic-discuss at afrinic.net>
Cc: africasource2-l at lists.tacticaltech.org, Kenya ICT Policy -
kictanet <kictanet at kictanet.or.ke>, discuss at afrispa.org,
En-ISPA_Team at afrispa.org, tier at tier.cs.berkeley.edu,
afnog-admin at psg.com, committee at afrispa.org, afix at afrispa.org, IDLELO
<idlelo2 at fossfa.net>

Barry,

I think the confusion is certainly due to the wording in Eric's posting.

Afrinic, Afnog and Afrispa have actually discussed  and worked towards
the Nairobi events.And also, we have been in touch with ISOC and
agreed on the Isoc Inet Africa day so that we really firm up the
networking/collaboration between the different AF*.

What is creating the confusion is the association with AIF which, to
my understanding has never formed part of our original AF*.

Thus, it should be noted that in case there is an association betwen
Afrispa and AIF, this can only be seen as a separate event and
certainly NOT an Umbrella organization.

Regards

Pierre

Chair, AfriNIC.