[Kictanet] Kenya ICT Action Network Condemns Overnight Raid on STANDARD AND KTN Offices

Bill Kagai billkagai at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 22:09:27 EAT 2006

On 3/6/06, Wainaina Mungai <wainaina at madeinkenya.org> wrote:
> Thanks Dorcas but the issue no3. here is that "media has become irresponsible and in the absence of action from the Media Council, KICTANet and similar networks should be strong in their condemnation of the abuse of press freedom; in the same breath with the condemnation of extremes from the government."
>
> I rest my long-winded  case ;-)
>
> Peace
> WM

Wainaina...you should not let this rest!!!
We have to learn ...starting with Kictanet...that even one voice from
a kictanet member should be able to stop a common position from being
posted. I was neither consulted and we have a mailing list which
should have looked at the first draft for input before posting as
official kictanet position.

Process and involvement means much to us ...and one or two strong
voices in kictanet should not be mistaken to speak for all. Maybe we
ought to look at the log in our eyes,,,before we see the speck in
others...Quoted verbatim...I believe from Jesus.