[Kictanet] Re: Burning and Closure of Standard Media Group

Wainaina Mungai wainaina at madeinkenya.org
Thu Mar 2 13:30:35 EAT 2006

Agreed, we acknowledge "two wrongs" however, in our quick condemnation, we risk losing sight of the first wrong. The point am making is that official statements released in condemning the "second wrong" should not be made in a way that sanitises the "first wrong".

I have personal experiences of how media runs to "press freedom" to get the "first wrong" to disappear. The perpetrators of the "second wrong" must be punished as prescribed by the law so  that we do not have a repeat of either wrongs.

;-)

Wainaina