[Kictanet] Announcing the Death of Perpetua Waithera

Oscar Mwangi oscar at abantu.org
Fri Jun 23 09:25:12 EAT 2006

It is with deep sorrow that we announce the death of Comrade PERPETUA WAITHERA,
on Tuesday 20th June 2006 after a short illness.

  Waithera will be remembered for her steadfast contribution to the advancement of
human rights and democracy which dates back to her days as a student at Kenyatta
University in the late 1990s.

  Waithera has worked in various capacities at The Kenya Human Rights Commission,
Abantu for Development and Heinrich Boll Foundation. At the time of death, she was
the Personal Assistant to Hon. Norman Nyaga, the Government Chief Whip and MP for
Kamukunji Constituency.

  For those like me who knew Perpetua, we have lost a diligent, charming and
inspirational colleague who engendered a spirit of joy, togetherness and belonging
to everyone whenever we met!

  Friends, Comrades and Relatives are meeting daily at All Saints Cathedral hall
from 5:30 pm

  May she rest in eternal peace!

--
Oscar Mwangi