[Kictanet] Local project coordinator for Mombasa /Kenya

Lizette Kraft lfkraft at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 15:36:38 EAT 2006

Hi Ben,

I hope that you are doing well.  Where are you now???  Am still doing
consultancy Conference Coordination and Organisating.  Have just done one
with 4 days in Mombasa.  It went well and was a huge success.

Many thanks for the job info. Will apply.

take care and God Bless

Lizette

On 5/31/06, Benjamin Makai <benmakai at yahoo.com> wrote:

>   *Job Title:* *Local project coordinator for Mombasa /Kenya* Location:
> Mombasa Country: Kenya Company: FIC
>  ------------------------------
> coordinator to take care of project administration, coordination, follow up
> and implementation in the project "Organizational development in the
> employee's organization in the Port Industry in Kenya".
>
> FIC is a Danish non-profit, non-governmental member organisation engaged
> in development projects in Denmark, EU-countries, Eastern Europe and Africa.
> Together with the partners involved in the different projects FIC takes
> initiatives to organisational development through training and capacity
> building.
>
> *Job Description*
>
> The local coordinator will be a part of the project secretariat together
> with the counter part representing the Kenya Dockworkers Union and the
> Danish project manager who will be in Kenya occasionally. The project
> secretariat will be responsible of the day- to -day management of the
> project. Additionally the secretariat will assist in preparation, follow up
> and conduction of training activities and establishment of working groups
> and committees in cooperation with the Danish experts assisting the process.
> Frequently information about the project activities and development of a
> systemised information system will be a part of the responsibilities in the
> secretariat.
>
> *The specific responsibilities of the project coordinator include:*
> • Securing administrative routines within the project
> • Preparing steering committee meetings
> • Assisting preparations of draft activity budgets and accounts
> • Reporting of activities and financials to FIC
> • Assisting with developing, planning and performing of training
> activities
> • Assisting with establishment and facilitation of working groups and
> committees
> • Assisting the implementation of planned and decided project activities.
> • Responsible for meeting the agreed time schedule
> • Assisting developing the information work, including establishing an
> internet based information and communication system.
> • All tasks related to the project after decision in the Project Steering
> Committee and in agreement with FIC.
> • Assistance in developing and issuing of newsletters throughout the
> project period.
>
>  ------------------------------
>  *Qualifications:*  Qualifications of the candidate: We are looking for a
> strong project manager who has superior skills in project coordination and
> administration, capacity building, organizational development and
> communication. Candidates with knowledge of the Kenyan Trade Union Movement
> and management of change will be preferred. Specific additional requirements
> include: • University degree, preferable a minimum of BA degree, with any
> combination of project management, organizational development or
> [...]

Lizette Kraft
P.O. Box 18488, 00500
Nairobi, Kenya
Cell: 0722-800362