[Kictanet] FW: [www.eThinkTankTz.org] TzParliament website updated

Harry Hare harry at aitecafrica.com
Wed Jan 18 19:05:21 EAT 2006

FYI

   _____

From: eThinkTankTz at yahoogroups.com [mailto:eThinkTankTz at yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of David Sawe
Sent: 18 January 2006 14:16
To: ethinktanktz at yahoogroups.com; swopnet at dgroups.org
Subject: [www.eThinkTankTz.org] TzParliament website updated

Greetings colleagues,

Kindly be aware that details about Tanzania's new MPs for 2005-2010 have now
been published at:
 HYPERLINK
"http://www.parliament.go.tz/bunge/Mp_Ls3.asp"http://www.parliament.go.tz/bu
nge/Mp_Ls3.asp

Let us not take this service for granted -- please see the article hereunder
and join me in congratulating our colleagues at the Speaker's Office for
continuing to provide us this valuable service.

Regards,
David.

   _____

HYPERLINK "http://allafrica.com/" \nallAfrica.com

Parliament Website Remains Closed

January 18, 2006
Posted to the web January 17, 2006

Francis Openda
Nairobi

Kenya is the only East African country without a website for its Parliament.

The National Assembly's official website was shut down last September after
The Standard published education backgrounds, hobbies, ages and other
details of MPs from the site.

The site was shut down after complaints that the information was "too
sensitive" and that MPs had been embarrassed.

Posted on the website, http://www.parliament.go.ke , are the words: "Thank
you for visiting the Parliament website. We are currently updating this
site. Please bookmark this site and visit us shortly."

The site, which was on a test run, was shut before the launch, set for last
September. Kenya's Parliament now lags behind its Ugandan and Tanzanian
counterparts, which have websites that have detailed information on MPs.

They detail MPs' employment history, political experience and special
skills. The sites also tabulate MPs' performance in Parliament in terms of
questions raised and their contributions.

Also included are parliamentary documents such as Bills, Acts, Order Papers
and transcripts of proceedings.

The sites also contain a summary of development funds and ministry
activities. Also posted on the sites are proceedings of committee meetings,
which are still a closed-door affair in Kenya.

The public is also given an opportunity to post comments on the websites.

HYPERLINK "http://allafrica.com/copyright.html"Copyright © 2006 The East
African Standard. All rights reserved.

   _____

HYPERLINK
"http://allafrica.com/stories/200601171142.html"http://allafrica.com/stories
/200601171142.html

Anyone who would like to join eThinkTankTz is welcome to do so by sending a
blank email to:
eThinkTankTz-subscribe at yahoogroups.com

   _____

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

*	 Visit your group "HYPERLINK
"http://groups.yahoo.com/group/eThinkTankTz"eThinkTankTz" on the web.

*	 To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
 HYPERLINK
"mailto:eThinkTankTz-unsubscribe at yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe"eThinkT

*	 Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the HYPERLINK

   _____