[Kictanet] ICT Polcy Approved by Cabinet

Florence Etta feanywhere at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jan 17 17:14:26 EAT 2006

Hi all,
  I am sure you may have heard the good news already but for those who have not here it is. The Kenay ICT Policy has been approved by the Cabinet!

  For those who were at the KICTANet 2006 cocktail party last week, the PS Ministry of Information and Communications, Dr B Ndemo, had promised that the ICT Policy would be tabled in Cabinet the following week and so it was, and on Thursday and it was approved.

  Let me take this opportunity to CONGRATULATE all those who worked in great and small ways to ensure that this happened. At last a national ICT Policy has made it all the way! I personally believe that the persistence and determination of most of the individuals on these lists helped to make this a reality and we have much to celebrate. Allow me to remind us all that this impressive journey still has some ways to go. We must therefore not rest on our oars but pursue the next stages with as much vigour. One immediate task is the implematation plan for the policy document as this is what will make it operational and the longer this takes the longer it will take for the friuts of the current fervour to be felt by wananchi.

  Lets all join hands and work to make Kenya the Kerifkon (ala Silikon) Valley of Africa. Yeah lets dream on..............why not?

  Cheers,
  FE

alice at apc.org wrote:
  Dear All

You are all invited to KICTANET's planning meeting. Please let me know how
many of you will be in a position to attend the meeting of Friday 27 January
2006 at 13.00 hrs at the jacaranda hotel JCC room at the Pizza garden.

We have a UNDP/CATIA delegation joining us to discuss Open Access/pro poor
ICTs

kind regards

alice

  Florence Etta
  Kenya ICT Action Network (KICTANet)
  Nairo, Kenya
  Tel: + 254-733-621851 (Mobile)/254-20-7121506 (Res)
  Fax:  + 254-20-7121506
  Email: feanywhere at yahoo.co.uk/florence.etta at gmail.com