[Kictanet] Re: [GYCA] Become a GYCA National Coordinator!

constance georgina constancegeorgina at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Feb 16 17:14:26 EAT 2006

Hello GYCA folks,
As you know, we have now selected our new Regional Focal Points (RFP) for 2006! All 12 of them are wonderful and dedicated, and are going to
effectively build to the amazing work that GYCA is doing. We are now in the process of choosing national coordinators (not including the country the RFP belongs to). Please go to http://www.youthaidscoalition.org/about.html and
see who your RFP is for your region. For those of you who applied to be RFPs but were not selected, your applications have been forwarded to the
respective RFP. Those who didn't but are now interested in being national coordinators, please send your CV to your RFP for your region latest by
Monday, Feb 20th. They will decide by the end of the month and let you know and will follow-up with a phone interview. The structure is one RFP per
region and one national coordinator per country. The national coordinator will be responsible to communicate with their RFP.
The main criteria is:
* Candidate is a youth aged 18-28;
* Has daily internet access;
* Is proficient in Microsoft Word and Internet research. Excel and PowerPoint is a plus;
* A genuine will to participate/volunteer for GYCA;
* Is willing to work on a voluntary basis for 10-15 hours per week;
* Commitment for at least one year (Jan 2006 - Dec 2006);
* Can understand and communicate effectively in English;
* Works with an organization (or has significant experience) working on youth and HIV/AIDS;
* Has official recognition by host organization to work with GYCA;
* Works with youth in resource-constrained areas and with vulnerable populations;
* Attention to detail, strong writing skills, patience, responsible attitude, working well with others;
* Is willing to take a GYCA e-course by March
Thanks!
Kiran

-www.youthaidscoalition.org-

  Connie

      Constance Georgina Khaendi Walyaro

  Citron Wood
  President

    Oxfam International Youth Parliament (OIYP)
  Action Partner

  Global Youth Coalition on HIV/AIDS (GYCA)
  East Africa Region Focal Point

  XVI International AIDS Conference
    Scientific Programme Committee: Track A

  'youth building a peaceful, equitable and sustainable world' OIYP.