[Kictanet] Fw: ICT Policy, Information and Communications Bill and Guide

Bill Kagai billkagai at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 18:14:03 EAT 2006

Quoting the President verbatim on ICT Policy.

"As you are aware, economic growth today is driven by the knowledge
and service-based sectors, where ease of information transactions is a
key determinant of success. In appreciation of this important
development, the Government has developed an Information and
Communications Technology policy in which e-Government is an integral
part. The implementation of this policy will further increase
efficiency in the Government and at the same time help to reduce
pilferage and misappropriation of funds. I urge you to ensure that
this policy is operational within your ministries and departments."

SPEECH BY HIS EXCELLENCY HON. MWAI KIBAKI, C.G.H., M.P., PRESIDENT AND
COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF OF THE ARMED FORCES OF THE REPUBLIC OF KENYA DURING
THE OFFICIAL OPENING OF INDUCTION WORKSHOP FOR MINISTERS, ASSISTANT
MINISTERS AND PERMANENT SECRETARIES AT THE KENYA SCHOOL OF MONETARY
STUDIES, NAIROBI ON 19TH JANUARY, 2006

http://www.statehousekenya.go.ke/

On 2/6/06, alice at apc.org <alice at apc.org> wrote:
> FYI

With Kind Regards,
Bildad Kagai
CEO - Circuits & Packets Communications Ltd
Coordinator - Free Software & Open Source Foundation for Africa (FOSSFA)
Suite B2, Tetu Apartments, State House Avenue
P. O. Box 20311 - 00200
Nairobi, Kenya
Tel. 254 20 2728332
Fax. 254 20 2726965