[Kictanet] e-Government TV Dco tonight

Eric Osiakwan eric at afrispa.org
Fri Aug 11 07:34:33 EAT 2006

Dear Harry and All,

Please we need some context.

ICT is a double edged platform, it is an end in itself and an enabler
of other sectors -

ICT is an end in itself, for example; Software develop which makes
India a lot of more is evidence.

ICT is an enabler of other sectors, for example; Telemedicine of
which there is an example in your backyard.

ICT enbaling development is another context which is ICTs helping
with the development sectors namely health, education, agriculture
etc etc.

I admit that these are borad themes so we must identify our niche
market and stay focused.

Eric here

On 9 Aug 2006, at 15:27, Harry Harry wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> There is a risk of looking at ICT as an end in itself which in the
> context
> of KICTANet and what it should be, I would like to disagree on. We
> should
> look at ICT as an enabler to a "bigger" end which "could" be
> development.
> Then when crafting our vision and mission, we recognize this.
>
> My apologies if I have thrown everyone off!
>
> Harry

Eric M.K Osiakwan
Executive Secretary
AfrISPA (www.afrispa.org)
Tel: + 233.21.258800
Fax: + 233.21.258811
Cell: + 233.244.386792
Handle: eosiakwan
Snail Mail: Pmb 208, Accra-North
Office: BusyInternet - 42 Ring Road Central, Accra-North
Blog: http://afrispa.skybuilders.com/users/Eric/blog.html
Slang: "Tomorrow Now"