[Kictanet] KICTANet list & KIPlist

Wainaina Mungai wainaina.mungai at oneworld.net
Wed Sep 28 13:14:06 EAT 2005

Dear All,

This is my request that we all take some time and restore an objective
structure to the discussions on the future of KIPlist. I believe we have
a general agreement that the subscribers from KIPlist be combined with
KICTANet subscribers. I suggest we move KIPList subscribers to the
KICTANet list and move on to other issues. The reason for this is that
KIP project comes to an end in the next three weeks so we may all work
within the "action" network from 18th of October. Does this settle the
issues?

Other valid issues have arisen from the discussion that we could discuss
separately after finalizing the migration of KIP members into KICTANet.
These issues include:

1.	What is the role of the different stakeholders (CS, private
sector, govt, donors)?

2.	KICTANet is a 'multistakeholder' forum which has the support of
civil society organisations but should not necessarily be considered to
represent the views of Civil Society.

3.	We need to nurture trust between stakeholders so that the
suspicion on positioning or fighting for funds does not come to play.

4.	We need more NGO/CBO involvement in the ICT process/forums. Thus
civil society needs to regroup and become more effective in advocating
issues of social justice, grassroot implementation etc.

5.	My role (and that of other individuals/organisations) within the
civil society caucus will be discussed with members of the civil society
and the multisectoral forum will be updated accordingly.

Regards,
Wainaina

Oneworld International
4th Floor, Kimathi House
Nairobi.

[SMS4theDEAF] : If you have hearing impairment or are deaf, type the
words DEAF ON and send to the number 560 on your Safaricom line. You
will then receive free News alerts via SMS. To stop receiving the news,
please send DEAF OFF.