[Kictanet] UN Habitat JAM Public Forum at the Pavement Thursday 24th November 2005

Brian Longwe brian at pure-id.com
Wed Nov 23 21:30:37 EAT 2005

Hi all,

Please note that Thursday 24th November 2005 there will be a Public
Forum on the UN Habitat JAM event at the Pavement in Westlands. (As
per attached announcement.)

In summary the JAM is an online, real-time, interactive event
designed to allow people all over the world to voice their opinions
regarding their cities in the key theme areas of:

·     Improving the Lives of People Living in Slums
·     Sustainable Access to Water in Our Cities
·     Environmental Sustainability in Our Cities
·     Finance and Governance in Our Cities
·     Safety and Security in Our Cities
·     Humanity: The Future of Our Cities

The Public Forum tomorrow will be an opportunity to familiarise the
local ICT community, Civil Society, Private Sector, the Youth, Media
and general public with the various local initiatives surrounding the
JAM as well as introduce local partners and provide opportunity for Q
& A.

Regards,

Brian

ps. Thursday at the Pavement is Salsa Nite so those who have energy
left in their legs after bananas and oranges can shake a leg (or two!)