[Kictanet] Help on Tunisia Visas

Florence Etta feanywhere at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Nov 1 00:44:55 EAT 2005

RE: VISAS For Tunisia

FYI

Dear all,

Information of which countries need a visa can be found (English) at: http://www.smsitunis2005.org/plateforme/visaen/index.php. Also I am attaching a list of Tunisian missions abroad, taken from this website.

Tunis does not have consular services in all countries. That’s why visas will be issued upon arrival at the Tunisian airport. You will need to present your passport, and fill out a form (attached) together with the confirmation of registration letter that the ITU/WSIS has sent after the online registration to the Summit.

For those people who could not get their visa before and do not have a visa Schengen and will not have a direct flight to Tunis can use the confirmation of registration letter from the ITU as an official document. This letter has an ID number that will help to identify the individual as a Summit participant within customs authorities. Tunisian authorities have confirmed this and they will inform all authorities from airports (European airports in particular) about this possibility.

Regarding the question of obtaining a personal invitation letter from the Host Country, we have raised this question and they have confirmed to us that the confirmation of registration letter will be enough.

If you have further questions do not hesitate to contact us.

waudo at signet.co.ke wrote:
Dear Colleagues,
is there anyone who has some authoritative information about how Kenyans
are to enter Tunisia for WSIS? There being no Tunisia embassy here I have
heard that visas can be given at Tunis airport but then there is always
the hurdle of getting on the plane in Nairobi. There are high chances that
the persons who control entry onto the planes have never heard of WSIS and
only care for visa in passport or a letter from Tunisia government saying
one wil get it at the Tunis airport. I have e-mailed the address for visa
enquiries on the WSIS web site (info.visa at smsitunis2005.tn) without much
success as to reply.

Please share any available information.

Kind Regards