[Kictanet] Re: Appointment of New CCK Board

Odhiambo Washington wash at wananchi.com
Fri May 13 16:15:50 EAT 2005

* mwangati at mx.ispkenya.com <mwangati at mx.ispkenya.com> [20050513 15:55]: wrote:
> Well Cira,
>
> If this ain't impact what is? Congrats to a very well deserved
> nomination!Now could you please get Telkom to fix my telephone line one of
> severral which have been clogged up with rain water for 3 weeks and
> therefore no internet or telephone access!!!???
>
> Cheers,
>
> Maureen

I'd like to join everyone in congratulating Alice on her appointment to
the CCK Board. I am sure she's play a very crucial role on that board if
what she's been doing so far is anything to go by.

However, OTOH, the swapping of places for the chairman and the CEOs of
Telkom and CCK kinda doesn't look nice! It's like someone is preparing
to give Telkom a vantage position to operate from! Think about it. We
want liberalization of the communications sector, but I am not sure
the changes made recently have anything positive towards that goal,
except for the appointment of Alice, of course.

Alice, congratulations once again and please go into that board with
the determination to make liberalization of the ICT sector to see the
light of the day.

-Wash

    |\      _,,,---,,_     | Odhiambo Washington    <wash at wananchi.com>
Zzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_ | Wananchi Online Ltd.   www.wananchi.com
   |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-'| Tel: +254 20 313985-9  +254 20 313922
  '---''(_/--'  `-'\_)     | GSM: +254 722 743223   +254 733 744121