[Kictanet] National ICT Stakaholders Conference Mombasa

alice at apc.org alice at apc.org
Fri May 6 16:36:01 EAT 2005

Dear Colleagues

During the ICT donor round table and Ministry of Information and
Communications meeting held on Tuesday 3rd May 2005, Florence Etta, Shem
Ochudho and I were requested to join the organising committee constituted
for the national ICT Stakeholders workshop.

The organising committee chair Mr. Mugabe had suggested 6th May for the
first committee meeting, but unfortunately this meeting did not take place.
So I have nothing much to report apart from the following issues that were
discussed informally
1. The workshop has been postponed to June 6-8 2005 in view of a number of
other communication related events taking place during the month of May
2. The letter requesting for funding has been drafted and I believe posted
to the various organisations that had expressed interest in supporting the
event.
3. Mr. Mugabe said he would communicate to us about a suitable date for the
next organising committee meeting

thanks and kind regards

A. Wanjira Munyua
National Coordinator, Catalysing Access to ICTs in Africa (CATIA)
Association for Progressive Communications (APC)
alice at apc.org
http://www.apc.org
http://www.catia.ws