[Kictanet] Msa report

Muriuki Mureithi mureithi at summitstrategies.co.ke
Tue Jun 21 09:35:10 EAT 2005

Charles

 I am touched by the concern of my brother James . I believe he represents
many others interested in the historical outcome at Msa.

Can I suggest you make a draft on the Msa meeting - all the other members
who were in msa will give inputs? I believe the meeting was historical and
we need to document the event fully.  If this has not been done, I suggest a
structure as follows

*	Background and context  - include opening statements , concerns and
issues by the key stakeholders in the opening sessions, the historical
perspective  and events leading to msa
*	Cross cutting issues – opening statements and comments from the
discussants as well as the floor
*	Group issues  and recommendations – telecom working group, postal ,
cross cutting, information technology, - under  each working group discuss
the composition and processes briefly
*	Final plenary – approvals of the workshop in all the sectors , any
sticking points that were unresolved
*	Way forward – commitments made and timelines to move to
implementation of the policy

We owe to posterity to document the historical process. We also have a duty
to adequately brief those we represented

I would be happy to prepare a report on the perspective of the
telecom-working group that I chaired

Happy day

Muriuki Mureithi

  _____