[Kictanet] ICANN At-Large Newsletter

alice at apc.org alice at apc.org
Fri Dec 23 17:47:06 EAT 2005

ICANN AT-LARGE NEWSLETTER
 November/December 2005

 In this issue:

 •    Action: Dot What? How should more top level domain names be
introduced?
 •    Action: What’s next for the ICANN vs. VeriSign lawsuits? And what
 will it mean for your .COM name?
 •    Action: Do you have a vision for ICANN’s future? Now is the time to
 share it.
 •    Meeting: Hold the date!  Join ICANN At-Large in New Zealand, March
27-31.
 •    Information: Asia/Pacific user groups are forming a Regional  At-Large
Organization.
•    Dates to Watch:
   - January 2006 – Public comments due on new domain names (gTLDs)
 - January 2006 – Public comment period to start on the purpose of WHOIS
- January 31, 2006 – Public comments due on ICANN draft Strategic Plan
- March 2006 – Final draft of ICANN Strategic Plan due
- March 27-31, 2006 – ICANN & At-Large meetings in Wellington, New Zealand
  - ??  – ICANN action on .XXX sponsored top level domain
    - ??  – ICANN action on the proposed .COM settlement