[Kictanet] Fw: KICTANet activities and ISOC

alice at apc.org alice at apc.org
Wed Aug 17 09:53:37 EAT 2005

Thank you all who have committed to getting involved in some of the networks
activities.

I shall send a note to the list to keep you all updated on the activities.
Meanwhile please find attached minutes of a meeting with ISOC team. If there
any comments please let me know.
ISOC has just joined KICTANet.

The Internet Society (ISOC) is a professional membership society with more
than 100 organizational members and over 20,000 individual members in over
180 countries. It provides leadership in addressing issues that confront the
future of the Internet, and is the organizational home for the groups
responsible for Internet infrastructure standards, including the Internet
Engineering Task Force (IETF) and the Internet Architecture Board (IAB).

ISOC Kenya Chapter (charter pending) is a child of ISOC International and it
adheres to the vision, mission, objectives, values, practices, and norms of
the parent organisation and domesticates these aspirations to the local
audience. A brief on ISOC will be submitted to KICTANet members by Alex.

ISOC is reaching out to The Association of Electrical Engineers of Kenya,
The Architectural Association of Kenya towards "Internet Compliant"
buildings among other stakeholders.

They are planning a Public Forum-Internet Fiesta in October and some members
of the network have offered to support it.

The network will also support ISOC by hosting some of the planning meetings
for the internet fiesta in October.

They will also conduct a Universal Access /Consumer Status" Rapid
Assessment/Situation Analysis,which we shall base our consumer awareness
campaign

thanks and warm regards

Alice Wanjira
National Coordinator, Catalysing Access to ICTs in Africa (CATIA)
Association for Progressive Communications (APC)
alice at apc.org
wanjira at cck.go.ke
http://www.apc.org
http://www.catia.ws