[Kictanet] KICTANet activities

alice at apc.org alice at apc.org
Fri Aug 12 16:33:00 EAT 2005

Dear all

Some of the activities that we had agreed upon during the planning meeting
are due to begin soon.
Among them under advocacy
1. Consumer awareness campaigns comprising:
        -Study consumer lobby groups in Kenya (James Nguo)
        -SMS broadcasts (One World)
        -Monthly public Forums (KIS)
        -Workshop for media people (Media ICT network)

Some of the organisations have already begun discussions on the budget and
activities. We are currently discussion the SMS broadcasts with One world.

Other activities that KICTANet will support are

ISOC public Forum TBC
LinuxChix Career workshop for high school girls to be held in September 10
2005. We are hoping that this activity will linked to the breakfast meeting
we had proposed for women parliamentarians.

Members interested in supporting or getting engaged in any of the above
activities please let me know.

thanks
alice