[Kictanet] Desired Structure Summary

Florence Akin Aina feanywhere at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Aug 9 12:57:15 EAT 2005

In this email I will try to summarize the picture that emerged by the end of last week's discussion on the desired structuire for KICTANet.

We seem to have suggestions as follows:

1Mission:   " Working together" (Waudo)

2 Objectives: As suggested  (Florence,Alice and Nkuuhe)

3 Organisational type: Foundation/Trust (Brian)

4 Name of Trust/Foundation: Trust (for) KICTANet/KICTANet Foundation/KICTANet Trust

5 Trustess?? 5-7 Organisations with clout and respect in Kenya

6 Organisational Plan: Lean (Rigia, Harry, Mucheru) small secretariat say 3-person at any one time? Volunteers?

7 Activities/Workplan As agreed at July 29th meeting? Others?

We need to agree about the membership as well as membership managemnet/plan. So for the rest of this week it would be good to respond to these two issues.

Specifically 1) who would you say qualifies for membership in this network? and

2) how can membership be qualified or when does a member fail to be a member?

This discussion will last only to the end of this week.

Thanks and cheers,

FE