[Kictanet] Work plan and budget

Wainaina Mungai wainaina.mungai at oneworld.net
Wed Aug 3 10:11:48 EAT 2005

Hi Alice,

Thanks for this. I will do the budget for SMS broadcasts asap. We have
already started work on this.

For the research on ICT and the Environment/SD, the book will be out
next month and we can build on it as we assess the opportunities in
sectoral policies, the National Environment Action Plan (NEAP) that is
being revised, etc. I will be promoting the book in Brno, Czech Republic
and at Precom3 of WSIS next month.

Just like James Nguo's work on Consumer protection, the research was
done in my personal capacity with support from the International
Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD) in Canada. The IDRC-funded
project is on "Next Generation Policy Directions: Linkages between
Information Society and Sustainable Development". It would thus be best
to reflect it in the workplan that it would be led by Wainaina (for
IISD).

Regards,
Wainaina