[Kictanet] NEMA, Sustainable Development and the National ICT Policy

Wainaina Mungai wainaina.mungai at oneworld.net
Fri Apr 15 15:17:19 EAT 2005

Dear Prof. Michieka,

Attached is a summary of the comments emphasizing sustainable development
priciples (ecological sustainability etc) as submitted to the Ministry of
Information and Communication in relation to the Draft ICT Policy. It is part
of the research we had earlier discussed.

Your feedback and support for the principles advanced will be of value to the
process. As per the mail below, the Ministry of Info. & Comm. will have a
preparatory workshop at the Kenya School of Law on April 21 and 22 in
preparation for the final meeting in Mombasa on May 8-11, 2005.  Attendees will
be mainly Ministries and parastatals.

I would suggest that NEMA arrange to make its input to the Draft ICT Policy. I
believe the attached document will be of value to you and whole sustainable
development fraternity.

Regards,
Wainaina
--
Technical Coordinator,
OKN Mobile

http://www.oknmobile.com
http://www.openknowledge.net
BIASHARA 560: SMS the words BIASHARA ON to the number 560 from your Safaricom
phone and you will receive regular business advice and information on
discounts. Each tip will cost only seven shillings on your air time.

Winner of the Kenya Private Sector Alliance (KEPSA) Awards 2005
Runner up - Small Enterprise Exhibitor Award at the KEPSA Convention
Finalists of the 2004/5 APC Africa Hafkin Communications Prize
Theme: "Community connectivity projects for economic development"
http://www.apc.org/english/hafkin/2004/finalists.shtml?cmd[810]=x-797-30691