[kictanet] [Panel Discussion, 22nd.Oct]Data justice, An agenda worth pursuing in kenya?

MU Junnan mjnlincy at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 17 16:38:29 EAT 2019

​Dear KICTANETer,

You are most welcome to join our discussion on next Tuesday from 10:00 am to 13:00 at the British Institute of Eastern Africa, Laikipia Roads. Registration through this link: https://forms.gle/uLD37c73rFf6Qjdg6

Is data revolution in our age purely technical? How shall we define an ethical path in this digital Kenya? How these achievements might contribute to the evolution of governance and our life in the digital economy? What are the challenges and opportunities Kenya face nowadays in regulating data protection legislation?

Together with pioneering practitioners and scholars, these questions will be reflected and discussed through the lens of “Data justice”, the data justice agenda includes three pillars, visibility, engagement with technology and anti-discrimination. With this framework, we aim to shed light on the political, economic and infrastructural dynamics that are shaping the values and ideas of Kenya’s digital future.

[cid:43e3de48-d510-4f6b-96d1-689050e06608]

Best Regards

Ju