[kictanet] The Government Whitebox is out...

Michael Pedersen michael at pluspeople.dk
Sun Oct 21 23:57:51 EAT 2018

Listers,

This is indeed very interesting - however I can't help but wonder how
"anchored" this in within the government, anyone know (?)

The Open Data project comes to mind as kinda similar project (we will
avail what you need - data -> then you will create innovation), however
from all I have been able to tell it was and is not very well anchored
into the various silos of government - i.e. each institution/ministry
was not very interested/motivated in actually availing (let alone
updating) data-sets on the portal.

Hence I am a little skeptical - lets say you propose a project/concept
that involves support from a government arm that is not directly
involved in the Whitebox project, how likely is the Whitebox
team/organization to actually being able to leverage/convince this 3rd.
party government institution to participate in this "new" project that
is not in their plans/budget (?)

Kind regards
Mike