[kictanet] Local Funding

S.M. Muraya murigi.muraya at gmail.com
Wed May 31 11:08:44 EAT 2017

Hi James,

Hope a State (e.g. Capital Markets Authority) official will provide us with
an answer to your query. We need information about Sovereign funds with
returns from investing in patriotic Kenyan companies (including start ups).

50 years ago, South Korea was where we are but built companies around
patriotism and people with strong family values/cultures.

Those who pervert justice (e.g. the current Samsung CEO) are penalized for
fraud.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/02/17/business/south-korea-chaebol-samsung.html

How did chaebol come to power?

They rose from the ashes of the Korean War. After the conflict ended,
officials steered relief funds and cheap loans to businessmen who promised
to rebuild the country.

The government also protected homegrown industries from foreign competition
to help them develop. The recipe proved to be potent: Chaebol played a
major role in South Korea’s rise as an industrial giant in the following
decades.