[kictanet] Proposals on usage of the Universal service fund. (USF)

Job Muriuki muriukin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 12:28:36 EAT 2017

A lot has been asked on the usage of the Universal service fund which is a
the tune of billions now.
Why don't we have an open forum and give our views of how it can be
beneficial to all especially the marginalised areas.

One practical way to address the issue is using the fund to identify areas
in need and setup stations in government secured areas like chief camps and
police posts that are back hauled via the NOFBI cable. Then invite the
private sector to offer services and in return contribute to the fund at
agreed rates.  The infrastructure would be on a shared mode and managed by
the fund.