[kictanet] National ICT Policy Discussions: Day 9 of 10: Institutional, Legal & Regulatory Framework

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 10:03:17 EAT 2016

Hi Walu,

Many thanks for re-introducing the subject  i have a feeling that we
are over regulated , however some regulators are sleeping giants. A
case in point is the recently reloaded or is it refurbished  Kenya
Film Classification Board that has been sending shockwaves in the
industry. On the other hand we have various CERTS that rarely give us
joint updates on their activities apart from the TESPOK/Serianu
Initiative  . We have many questions on the perfomance or operations
of the Universal Access Fund which have been very opaque with few
answers coming forth to date other than occasional podcasts from the
media which leads me to ask the following question:

1. How do we rate/ gauge the effectiveness of this Institutions?
2. Can we have quarterly updates to the public on the performance of
this Institutions, i think ICTA can avail this?

It would be interesting to get other perspectives from listers.

Regards

--
Barrack O. Otieno
+254721325277