[kictanet] #KeIGF15 Online Discussions Day One: Inclusiveness and Diversity

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 09:38:10 EAT 2015

Many thanks Grace,

On the topic of inclusiveness and diversity, i think there is need for
the community to go back to the drawing board. We have had parallel
initiatives by different players  in the sector that are meant to
strengthen the local  Internet Community resulting in duplication of
efforts  and misinformation. I think there is need for a local
calendar outlining key events by all stakeholders in the Internet
Community to ensure there is proper participation where possible as
per our constitutional requirements. It would also be good for our
Ministry of Information and Communication and the Communications
Authority to have Stakeholder engagement personnel who provide
constant updates to the community and participate in online debates
highlighting government positions.

Best Regards

--
Barrack O. Otieno