[kictanet] [isoc_ke] Telecoms regulator seeks powers to spy on consumers - Another case of Silly Season or should we be concerned?

Walubengo J jwalu at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 20 08:53:38 EAT 2014

@Ali,

Funny, I have not come across these proposed regulations - and I often consider myself to take more than a "pedestrian" interest in this sector.  I have also checked  the regulators site but dont see the specific proposals

@ http://www.ca.go.ke/index.php/public-consultations

Anyone with a copy of the contentious proposals?

KBy the way, KICTAnet has a list of about 750 ICT individuals of diverse interest groups(Academia, Media, Technical, Operator,  Consumer,etc). One begins to wonder if it is by design or otherwise, that the regulator, the ministry and other government agencies have in recent times conveniently chose to ignore sending (FREE) alerts on this forum.

Put differently, there must be "other" ICT stakeholders government is engaging and we may need to be told so that we also "vuka"/go there accordingly :-).

walu.