[kictanet] Why State House made a call to Safaricom chief over insecurity

Consumers Federation of Kenya (COFEK) hotline at cofek.co.ke
Wed May 14 09:20:44 EAT 2014

Dear Mwendwa,

You are absolutely right but in reality human rights come after we remain
"human" (alive) and not before tragic, traumatizing and often fatal
terrorists attacks. Clearly, it is not "GoK taking advantage" but I doubt
they have any other credible option than to first secure its' people. What
we should be asking is how we can look beyond technology - and engage
"Wanjiku" on mega security projects.

The game-changer will be how high the convergence point between technology
and its consumers can go in terms of integration. Practical public
consultations will be key to success of such projects including the digital
registration etc. In this case, the so-called "call to Safaricom (and/or any
other MNO's) is long overdue. The "should" be made to techpreneurs of
user-friendly apps.

Kind regards,

Stephen

Stephen Mutoro

Secretary General

Consumers Federation of Kenya (COFEK)

Meky Place, Block F-45

Ngong Road/Ring Rd Kilimani Junction

P.O Box 28053-00200, City Square, NAIROBI, Kenya

Tel. 254-20-2615496, 2300859 Fax. 254-20-3861719; Cell phones: 0715555550,
0770700007

E-mail:  <mailto:hotline at cofek.co.ke> hotline at cofek.co.ke

Website:  <http://www.cofek.co.ke/> www.cofek.co.ke

Facebook: "Consumers Federation of Kenya (Cofek)"

Twitter: @ConsumersKenya YouTube: "ConsumersKenya"

13th December 2012 -  President Kibaki assents to the Consumer Protection
Act, 2012 Read it here:
<http://www.cofek.co.ke/Consumers%20Protection%20Act%202012.pdf>
http://www.cofek.co.ke/Consumers%20Protection%20Act%202012.pdf