[kictanet] Kenya Bureau of Statistics Advertises For Tenders For Free Adobe Reader...

Walubengo J jwalu at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 17 16:17:46 EAT 2014

+1,

I also thought the ICT Authority Board was launched with pomp 3weeks ago and by now they should not be entertaining such tragedy. As  one of our former President used to say , if you must steal, at least steal with some decorum/intelligence. Otherwise you end up embarrassing not just the government but the whole Kenyan  ICT community.

@Adam, provisioning in government speak is the whole chain -design,deploy and maintain.  And the 1,000/= is the cost of buying the Tender document NOT provisioning.  In other words, I would pay the 1,000/=, get the document and quote 10,000,000/= to provide the acrobat reader, which I will ofcourse download for free.  I will be the lowest bidder since my "competitors" are just my sister companies...quoting 10/- higher...you get the drift?

Anyway, the sample online  document is not dated nor signed. So lets just hope it was some digital joke doing rounds on the Net. But then again, this is Kenya and anything is possible.

walu.