[kictanet] Marketing ICT in Kenya

Ngigi Waithaka ngigi at at.co.ke
Mon Nov 4 18:58:39 EAT 2013

Listers,

I came across this (
http://www.nation.co.ke/business/marketing-Kenya-at-London-expo/-/996/2058864/-/hjcm4e/-/index.html
)
where Kenya tourism Board takes 50 firms in the Tourism & Hospitality
industry to an international expo in London to showcase Kenya's Tourism
opportunities.

During some discussions we had at #140Friday sometime back, there was a
good suggestion that the then Kenya ICT Board should sue at least 50% of
their marketing budgets to actually marketing Kenya's firms, services &
products in the ICT Sector.

We know this currently doesn't happen as most of their (KICT Board)
marketing budgets gets spent up in travelling per-diems to every other
forum being held globally somewhere.

I wonder, is there any way we could, as Listers, have our say into how the
funds allocated to Marketing Kenya as an ICT destination could then be used
directly to promote local firms, services and products?

--
*Regards,*

*Wait**haka Ngigi*
Chief Executive Officer | Alliance Technologies | MCK Nairobi Synod Building
T + 254 (0) 20 2333 471 |Office Mobile: +254 786 28 28 28 | M + 254 737 811
000
www.at.co.ke