[kictanet] IEBC technology challenges

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Feb 28 16:06:58 EAT 2013

As IEBC seems to be having a few technology hitches would it not have made more sense for them to take up the services of Safaricom's cloud services especially since they are offering the connectivity component?

I would think that such a move would be more cost effective than the rushed purchase of more powerful hardware (due to the short time all procurement procedures where therefore suspended) 8 days to the election date and yet that additional power will not be required after the 4th until the next major election in 5 years time when the technology will be obsolete.

Vision 2030 and that other thing we launched a few weeks ago keep looking like more and more like pipe dreams.

Regards

PS. Have a wise and peaceful pre and post election

Robert Yawe
KAY System Technologies Ltd
Phoenix House, 6th Floor
P O Box 55806 Nairobi, 00200