[kictanet] Under what conditions should we shut down twitter, internet, radio, TV in Kenya?

Andrea Bohnstedt andrea.bohnstedt at ratio-magazine.com
Wed Dec 5 14:40:26 EAT 2012

Grace, why would you argue that political coverage on TV/in the media can
be less easily monitored than on the internet? If anything, media outlets
have owners and employees and should have (yeah yeah, I know) control
mechanism to check for libel, hate speech etc. On the internet, it's the
Wild West - it's incredibly difficult to hold anyone to account. And you
can take any TV or radio quote from a politician and play that back to
him/her.

Andrea Bohnstedt <http://ke.linkedin.com/in/andreabohnstedt>
Publisher

www.ratio-magazine.com