[kictanet] kictanet Digest, Vol 62, Issue 137

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 14:29:17 EAT 2012

On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 7:00 AM, Gideon <gideonrop at gmail.com> wrote:
> BTW, your named is misspelled in yoour application:
>
> Mr. Gedion Rop  Project Support Engineer (DCA)
>
> and I see that you are applying for .africa as a 'Standard" gTLD
> according to the public parts of your application.
>
> Hi McTim,
>
> "Because UniForum was apparently selected by the African Union Commission to
> apply on behalf of the African Community, so we believe that they should
> apply for a Community TLD in order for their supposed letter of appointment
> to be valid. If on the other hand, they failed to submit a community TLD
> application for .AFRICA, then it simply means that they have not lived up to
> the specious community support that they have received." In a nutshell, they
> did not receive support to apply for an African-community owned TLD, to end
> up applying for a standard gTLD. It is fraudulent in our estimation.

Then you haven't read the Applicant Guidebook.

They were REQUIRED to get this approval (or non-objection) for a geo-TLD.

> BTW, McTim you have misspelled 'yoour' in your posting below ;)

Good catch, it is one thing to have a typo in a post to a mailing
list, it is another thing to have typo's in your ICANN Application
(and a MONSTER typo that changes the string you are applying for at
that!!

--
Cheers,

McTim