[kictanet] Attack on Civil Servants - PCK

Matunda Nyanchama mnyanchama at aganoconsulting.com
Wed Apr 25 15:19:32 EAT 2012

Dakitari Ndemo

I see you have changed the title of the discussion which was about PCK. This was not an attack on all civil servants. Indeed, there are very many that work their butts off; indeed even in the worst of times, we had some that kept government lights burning, otherwise government would have fallen. I saw this in my early working days, yes in the civil service. It would thus be wrong to assume the reference to civil servants means all of it is rotten.

Kudos to those that keep things churning; and advancing the national agenda. That is worth applauding.

The reference to the said mentality indeed came in the context of PCK where even some of their staff feel exactly what I expressed: staffing the leadership with the mentality (call it "old civil service mentality" to distinguish it from the emerging look!) so articulated, people with little understanding of business and whose jobs appear to have been "rewards" rather than based on merit.

And there are many, many pockets of similar islands of ineptitude of this kind across the government.

On the issue of a corrupt society, your points are well taken. In any case in corrupt deals it takes at least two to tangle!

And as for names, let's leave that for another day.

Matunda Nyanchama, PhD, CISSP; mnyanchama at aganoconsulting.com
Agano Consulting Inc.;  www.aganoconsulting.com; Twitter: nmatunda;  Skype: okiambe
Be prepared to face ICT Security failures & know how to respond when they happen!
Call: +1-888-587-1150 or info at aganoconsulting.com

"A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk I have a workstation…" - Anonymous
This e-mail, including attachments, may be privileged and may contain confidential or proprietary information intended only for the addressee(s). Any other distribution, copying, use, or disclosure is unauthorized and strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and permanently delete the message, including any attachments, without making a copy. Thank you.