[kictanet] CCK Should Provide Tools for Service Monitoring

Muchiri Nyaggah muchiri at semacraft.com
Tue Apr 24 16:49:25 EAT 2012

I've given up on my ISP. I am currently receiving 1/16th of the advertised
bandwidth according to various independent tests. Even for a shared
connection this is outrageous.  They insist that I should only use their
tool to measure my provisioned bandwidth, a tool that measures speeds
between my premises and theirs. A pointless exercise since I subscribed to
Internet services not a local loop connection.

Now if the CCK could provide consumers with an online tool to measure what
they are actually receiving, as well as compelling ISPs to clearly state
the performance limitations of their service, we would all make informed
decisions on who to purchase Internet services from.

Is this within the regulator's mandate?

Muchiri.

*******
Sent from my Android  device