[kictanet] Professional Certification and Standardization a Must, is this feasible?

waudo siganga emailsignet at mailcan.com
Mon Apr 23 13:21:44 EAT 2012

Hi Barrack -  At the moment there is no statutory framework for IT
professional Standards and Certification and any efforts have to rely on
voluntary uptake. Perhaps Capt (Rtd) Kirongothi of ITSA (who I presume
is lurking somewhere in a corner of the list) could have some update.
Some years back we had a discussion on this list and some were even
opposed to such standards which they argued appeared like regulating
creativity and innovation. I am not sure that DIT has any mandate in the
standards area. Perhaps KEBS where you are doing some work implementing
ISO 2700 could be a better vehicle.