[kictanet] Professional Certification and Standardization a Must, is this feasible?

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 13:04:51 EAT 2012

Listers,

I am just going through an article by Harry Hare in the CIO magazine
Vol 4 March 2012. He mentions efforts by the Computer Society of Kenya
and the IT standards association to institutionalise some form of
standards, it appears there is no organisation to spearhead this
initiative. I am involved in Standards developement at Kenya Bureu of
Standards (ISO 27000 series) together with a number of colleagues on
the list and must admit it has been frustrating to get this message
out there to the industry, how practical is it to use the Directorate
of industrial training to enforce this?

Best Regards

--
Barrack O. Otieno