[kictanet] DEADLY THIKA ROAD - WHO IS LISTENING?

Edith Adera eadera at idrc.or.ke
Mon Apr 23 12:56:23 EAT 2012

Well said Barrack!

-----Original Message-----
From: kictanet-bounces+eadera=idrc.or.ke at lists.kictanet.or.ke [mailto:kictanet-bounces+eadera=idrc.or.ke at lists.kictanet.or.ke] On Behalf Of Barrack Otieno
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2012 12:52 PM
To: Edith Adera
Cc: KICTAnet ICT Policy Discussions
Subject: Re: [kictanet] DEADLY THIKA ROAD - WHO IS LISTENING?

Well @ Wash,

Transport is also part and parcel of ICT's, you will find Vision 2030 signboards besides this superhighway that is now claiming lives. Let us not forget that his excellency the president has been at the forefront warning citizens to be carefull while using the new infrastructure. That said i would also take up this matter with Mugo Kibati and take sides with Edith, at least something might be done since he seems passionate about taking this country to the next level, this KURA and Ministry of roads people are simply not serious, i say this because a couple of weeks ago a contractor dug up patches on Lang'ata road and left them unattended for a week, you should have seen the way folks were bumping into each other at night while swerving to avoid those potholes, a couple of weeks ago i landed into a manhole right in the centre of Kisii town one of the most productive towns in the country and had to pay 7 guys to lift my car out of it, why do we entertain such mediocrity while we are paying contractors and engineers billions of taxpayers money, recently there was a case of an esteemed Kenyan who had a terrible accident on the same superhighway occassioned by boulders that were used to block the road, he  sued the contractor for a tidy sum because he knew what to do what about the other Kenyans who don't have such knowledge? if KicTANET is effective then we will use it to get the point home and wake up those sleeping officers, bwana Kibati with this madness we need to add another ten years to vision 2030.

Barrack O. Otieno
+254721325277
+254-20-2498789
Skype: barrack.otieno